Re: Thoughts on WAWG F2F + I Annotate next spring

Hey, folks–

I see the reasoning from both sides. As someone in the middle (East
Coast US), I don't mind flying to California or to Europe.

The WG is currently split pretty much down the middle between Europeans
and North Americans; but as Nick said, the 5 Hypothes.is folks from
Europe will be there anyway, leaving 13 Europeans in the WG that may
have a different preference.

I'm most curious how they feel about it. If you are a member of the WG
in Europe, please let us know if you feel disadvantaged by having an
April F2F co-located with I Annotate in San Francisco (given the
potential flight funding by Sloan). I'm sensitive to Ivan's concerns,
but I don't want to assume that Europeans are against this; they may
enjoy a trip to SF, or they may not be inclined to go to a F2F no matter
where it's held. I'd like to base our conversation on facts.

Regards-
-Doug