RE: [data-model] Proposed Abstract for Web Annotation Data Model Spec

Doug --

I don't want to get too hung up on the first sentence of an abstract.

However, comparing;

·         Mine: “An Annotation asserts information about a resource”

·         Yours: "An annotation is a piece of information attached to a document or other resource"

I like yours as much as mine, maybe better …. except for the fact that it isn’t accurate.

If X is “about”  Y, X is not the annotation.  The annotation is a (third) resource which asserts that X is about Y.  How to capture that in the first sentence of an abstract without blowing the  mind of a someone reading the abstract just trying to decide whether annotations are of interest, is admittedly difficult.   But I think, while the two are probably equally helpful, mine is more accurate.

Ray