Re: Work in Progress on a new Annotation Working Group Charter (Advance Notice)

Hi Ivan, Doug, All,

On 2/4/14 6:03 AM, ext Coralie Mercier wrote:
> A draft charter is available (this is not a formal review, just an
> early draft):
>    https://www.w3.org/2014/01/Ann-charter.html

I haven't thought much about Web annotations since I worked on Annotea
many years ago [anyone remember that project? ;-)]. As such, if you'll
please PTI, I have a couple of `newbie` Qs:

* I'm looking for a bit of context regarding: the relationships between
the proposed deliverables,  perhaps some type of a high level
"architecture" of what the draft charter calls the "annotation
ecosystem"; who are the various players and actors in a standardized
"annotation system"; what is the relevant prior art for each of the
deliverables. Where can I find some of this type of info?

* I noticed the draft charter has commented-out the "Success Criteria"
section (a mandatory part of a _formal_ charter proposal). Would you
please expand on your expectations here? For example Industry vs.
Research vs. OSS projects participation; participation by browser
vendors;  participation by content and CMS providers.

A few nits re the W3C groups list:

* Given the proposed Client-side API deliverable, please add Web
Applications WG (with text like "To review client-side APIs")

* For the Privacy IG, suggested text is "To review specifications for
privacy issues."

* I would also add the Web Security IG with text like "To review
specifications for security issues."

-Thanks, AB