Re: FYI: Public Draft of the W3C Annotation Working Group Charter

Hi, Paolo, Bob–

It would be extremely foolish for us to exclude the ability for a
selector to link to data. So, that's not going to happen.

Whether we work on defining that selection mechanism immediately in a
working group is a different topic. I personally don't know how
difficult that would be; I suspect it would be a relative hard problem
with a diverse range of selectors needed for different data sources. But
it does sound like an interesting and valuable use case. As Ivan said,
it might be better to have a general extensibility to the data and
selector model, and to define a data citation selector in a different
phase or a different group (unless it turns out to be much easier to
solve than I suspect).

Regards-
-Doug