RE: Framing Use Cases (was: Annotating Bibliographic Information)

Doug - I responded in part last week and promised to get back to you on the second part. Sorry for the delay  (holidays got in the way).

Briefly, no, I do not agree with your  "exemplar theory" as the basis for all use cases.  That's not to say I'm right and you're wrong, only to say I think we need others to weigh in.

I do not think it is useful to try to cast all annotations in terms of (as you put it) "here's a bunch of people  in the wonderful future world of web annotations! "  because the essence of the use case becomes lost in the details. I think in many cases a succinct statement of the use case or story  is more useful.   That said, I think it is very useful to have some of the use cases expanded as you describe, but not all (or even most) of them.

But again, I think we need other opinions on this.

Ray