Re: How multi-URLs and cross-format annotation works in Annotopia

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014, at 21:11, Paolo Ciccarese wrote:

> Annotopia can serve multiple clients:
> - if I have a client that extracts/understand IDs (DOIs, PMIDsā€¦) - like
> Domeo and Utopia - the client can send the bibliographic information to
> the server in the format explained here:
> https://github.com/Annotopia/AtSmartStorage/wiki/Managing-Identifiers .
> This is impacting the model.

Using FRBR embodimentOf to point to other URIs sounds perfectly sensible
to me, although bear in mind as usual that I don't what I'm talking
about in RDF-land.

Does this impact the model, though? Or, to be more precise: while this
clearly impacts the model of a specific implementation, does it need to
impact the model *specification* that we publish as part of this WG?

As a linked data model, we presumably don't need to (and moreover
cannot) specify all the possibly predicates you can use to extend what
is specified.

I guess the question is whether we'd want to offer something like this
pattern as recommended best practice for your use case.

For my part, I'm not sure that a normative document is the right place
for sharing best practices.

-N