Re: Cognitive AI CG update/Comment on the diagram

> On 15 Jan 2020, at 05:15, Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dave
>
> You have solicited a comment on the diagram, thanks for sharing
>
> Although I am (marginally) familiar with cognitive architectures as they are described in
> scholarly literature, I need to strain my brain (mor worrying, need processing time) to figure out what those labels mean, so a few words of explanation of that the terminology means and how ti is derived could help.
> Furthemore, some justification: perhaps also give some rationale as to how the diagram modifies the original

The high level architecture and its major building blocks are explained in:

    https://www.w3.org/Data/demos/chunks/chunks-20200110.pdf

The rule engine inspired by ACT-R is explained in:

    https://www.w3.org/Data/demos/chunks/chunks-20191205.pdf

There are several books on ACT-R itself, see: http://act-r.psy.cmu.edu/ <http://act-r.psy.cmu.edu/>

In addition, there is a large body of research papers on the cognitive sciences that can be found via web search engines.

> ACTR (what are you doing that was not done before) and perhaps also why out of all the possible cognitive architecture, your CG choses that particular model
> PDM

Work on ACT-R has focused on specific research interests in Cognitive Science, and not in providing an application platform for industry needs. Chunks & Rules replaces the Lisp syntax with something easier for today’s programmers. The intention is to look more broadly at Cognitive Architecture, as ACT-R only focuses on the basal-ganglia circuit, and to prove how this broader approach can be applied to a wide range of topics, i.e. different kinds of machine learning, many different forms of reasoning, natural language dialogues, theory of mind, social interaction and so forth.