Re: stratml vs cl

Paola, I took a look to see if I could make sense of DOLCE (in StratML
format) but what I see at http://www.loa.istc.cnr.it/old/Papers/D18.pdf
is a bit more than I'd like to take on right now.  It would be nice if
they shared their knowledge in a more usable format, to avoid imposing
needless overhead on folks like us.

Although it is not very socially responsible to force viewers to scroll,
I also took a look at page 64 of Leo Orbst's book
<https://books.google.com.tw/books?id=cLKJhI0VkhEC&lpg=PA64&ots=ITCD6yI2F4&dq=xml%20compliance%20with%20common%20logic&pg=PA63#v=onepage&q=xml%20compliance%20with%20common%20logic&f=false>.
While it is image format from which text cannot be copied (reused),
which is another socially irresponsible practice, I see that CL is "XML
compliant".  So I guess that answers your question.

I also took a look at your third reference
<https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-540-89778-1_12>
concerning "Logic-Based Regulatory Conformance Checking."  Since only
two pages can be viewed (which is more than I care to see anyway), I'm
not entirely sure what they're talking about.  However, I'd take their
assertion that "the translation of regulation to logic should proceed
one sentence at a time" a step further and suggest that each logically
separable element should be discretely tagged, e.g., the elements of the
StratML core.

More broadly speaking, however, a key point is that we have far too much
regulatory "guidance" in narrative format and far too few actual
performance plans (and reports) in open, standard, machine-readable
format, like StratML Part 2.  As the saying
<https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/when_you%27re_up_to_your_neck_in_alligators,_it%27s_hard_to_remember_that_your_initial_objective_was_to_drain_the_swamp>
goes, it is hard to drain the swamp when you're up to your neck in
alligators (as in the  pond in our backyard here on HHI).  Shall we
begin to drain the swamp?

Why is it that supposedly smart people make it so hard for other to
understand what they think they know?  Makes one wonder how smart they
really are, particularly if one considers wisdom to encompass the
efficient and effective realization of one's objectives.

Owen