Re: New slides on Cognitive AI

All;
Paola asked
<<aren't all AI systems cognitive?>> This got me thinking about what a cognitive system is and what is its relationship to AI. So I grabbed websters for a definition:
====
the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses.
====
and began to break down each fragment into data science/AI terms:

the mental action or process (lets go with processes)
of acquiring (==the input of and storing of)
knowledge(==information?) and
understanding(==being able to use? IE having actions of usage)OR(==having a correct usage)
through
-- thought(==internal learning),
-- experience(==external learning), and
-- the senses(==environmental input).
====
so, do you agree with my equivalencies? knowledge(==information?), etc.

Are all AI systems cognitive? this was Paola's question.
No not ALL. some have no provision for internal learning, or for environmental inputs. Or in the case of partially taught systems a complete "understanding".

thoughts?

Thanks
PAUL ALAGNA
PJAlagna@Gmail.com <mailto:PJAlagna@gmail.com>