Re: Paper and talk in 2020, Arlington

Paola, I am very interested in the use of AI to foster transparency and
accountability in government.  While this May 1998 presentation makes no
reference to AI, it is all about records management and accountability
is all about records, preferably maintained and shared in open,
standard, machine-readable format: http://ambur.net/ASIS/KMvalue.html

As revealed by this Google query
<https://www.google.com/search?q=ai+for+records+management&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS868US868&oq=AI+for+records+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.6274j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8>,
AI is now being widely used to support the classification and management
of records.

For background on machine-readability, see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_document

See also the closely related provisions of the OPEN Government Data Act
(OGDA):
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/open-gov-data-act-machine-readable-records-owen-ambur/

Here are some of the plans in the StratML collection that reference AI:

http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/C4DINAISwStyle.xml
http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/DCGMwStyle.xml
http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/DARPAPAIwStyle.xml
http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/NAIRDSPwStyle.xml
http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/AI2wStyle.xml
http://stratml.us/carmel/KEwStyle.xml
http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/FRNTwStyle.xml
http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/DMwStyle.xml

It appears that AIIM may take up the cause of KM again, stimulated by MS
Project Cortex <http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/MSPCwStyle.xml>.  Here are
some of the artifacts generated by AIIM's last pass at that topic, in
StratML format: http://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#AIIMKM

I look forward to learning if this group can crowdsource the preparation
of a proposed presentation making a significant contribution to the
advancement of the cause of transparency and accountability in
government at the International Academy of CIO (IAC) conference in
Arlington, Virginia, on September 28 - 30.

For those whom may be unfamiliar with that IAC, their about statement is
available in StratML format at http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/IACTwStyle.xml

In the DC area, this is the IAC more commonly known:
http://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#IAC

Owen