Re: Welcome and Introductions

It was the "Knowledge Representation" aspect that attracted me to join
the group.

AI appears to be about creating computer systems that are like people.
AIKR is partly about the internal design of such computer systems, but
it is also about about communication between them and about
communication between them and people. The communication aspect is to my
mind more important than internal design.

My ideas on this are not based on research, but are derived from many
years of experience of participating in and managing groups of people
developing standards - at least some of which incorporate knowledge.
They are not fully formed, or well expressed, and I hope that through
this group I will be able to connect them with academic and commercial
research and contribute to a group conensus.

The list of proposed outcomes at https://www.w3.org/community/aikr/
looks good, and I suggest starting with the list of resources and the
natural language vocabulary. I propose that the vocabulary should
include KR terms as well as AI terms. (This may have been intended, but
is not explicit.)

--
Regards

Chris