Re: AIKRCG & StratML

Hello Owen,

> On 27 Aug 2018, at 03:28, Owen Ambur <Owen.Ambur@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> Dave, my interest is in helping people achieve their objectives.
>
> I joined the Artificial Intelligence Knowledge Representation Community Group to explore potential relationships to the StratML standard (ISO 17469-1), whose vision is:  A worldwide web of intentions, stakeholders, and results.
>
> It seems to me the vision of the AIKRCG <http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/AIKRCGwStyle.xml#_63f01ac6-83e9-11e8-9a9a-23c8e53a5ccc> – knowledge is exchanged and reused to enable learning and participation – is closely related to the purposes of StratML.
>
> If you’d like to share the outlines of your proposal, I’d love to include it in the StratML collection.

My approach is inspired by CMU’s long standing work on ACT-R as one of the most well known cognitive architectures, so you could start by looking at that, see:

 http://act-r.psy.cmu.edu/about/

How would you expect to include that?

In respect to combining deep learning with symbolic processing, one reference is:

 "Towards Deep Symbolic Reinforcement Learning", 1 Oct 2016

 Marta Garnelo, Kai Arulkumaran, Murray Shanahan

  https://arxiv.org/abs/1609.05518 <https://arxiv.org/abs/1609.05518>

> The notion of conversational agents that help people achieve their objectives is particularly appealing.

I am considering arranging a W3C Workshop next year on standardisation opportunities for conversational agents, with the idea of making it easier for organisations to embed text or voice based conversational agents within web pages. AIML is one example of a markup language for conversations. Amazon and Google have demonstrated the potential for intent based conversations for their respective smart speaker ecosystems. They all use simplistic approaches as a way to avoid handling meaning in a rich and general way.

Best regards,

W3C Data Activity Lead & W3C champion for the Web of things