Human Brain Project

The goals and objectives of the HBP are now available in StratML format at http://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#HBP

With reference to Objective 7.1.2: <http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/HBPwStyle.xml#_38ec8bc8-a80d-11e8-9dab-a7b9d4f816dd>  Consciousness - Determine how consciousness is generated by the brain, Michio Kaku defines consciousness as:

the process of creating a model of the world using multiple feedback loops … in order to accomplish a goal.

David Eagleman downplays the role of consciousness in determining our behavior, most of which is on autopilot. He asserts, “To the extent that consciousness is useful, it is useful in small quantities, and for very particular kinds of tasks.”  However, he acknowledges its responsibility for very important tasks – those which distinguish us as human beings:

Conscious parts of the brain train other parts of the neural machinery, establishing the goals and allocating the resources… Consciousness is the long-term planner, the CEO of the company, while most of the day-to-day operations are run by all those parts of her brain to which she has no access…  This is what consciousness does: it sets the goals, and the rest of the system learns how to meet them.

I look forward to learning the degree to which this group may: a) become an artificially intelligent consciously connected community, b) help build a pre-frontal core-text for the Web, and c) help avoid the automation of pernicious, unconscious behavior in artificially un-intelligent agents.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/artificial-ignorance-owen-ambur/ & https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/consciously-connected-communities-owen-ambur/ & https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/i-only-had-brain-evolving-prefrontal-core-text-internet-owen-ambur/

Owen Ambur

Chair, StratML <http://stratml.us/>  Working Group

Co-Chair Emeritus, xml.gov CoP <http://xml.govwebs.net/>

Webmaster, FIRM <http://firmcouncil.org/>