Re: Introductory MOOC on digital accessibility starting Oct. 17 on FutureLearn

Thanks a lot Gottfried for the information!

I know some members of the GPII project, but I didn't know this
particular MOOCA project. I will spread the word.

Cheers,
Armony

P.S. : some changes in my life made me unavailable for a while, but I
will try to be more active on this list from now on.

Le 10/10/2016 à 17:18, Gottfried Zimmermann (List) a écrit :

> Dear Accessible Online Learning group members,
>

> the main result of the first project phase of the European MOOCA
> partnership <http://gpii.eu/moocap> is now available as Massive Open
> Online Course on Digital Accessibility.  This free course will run
> from Oct. 17 for 5 weeks on FutureLearn <http://www.futurelearn.com/>.
>

> This first course will help you to understand how those with sensory,
> physical and cognitive impairments may be disabled by barriers
> encountered when using digital technologies. The course will highlight
> how the use of accessible and inclusive design can help overcome many
> of these difficulties.
>

> This course is suitable for:
>
>   * web development, design or marketing professionals, or anyone who
>     creates content or specifies, designs, builds, tests, evaluates,
>     uses or buys technology;
>   * employers, who can discover how accessible technologies can
>     increase the market for their products or services, or enhance the
>     productivity of their employees;
>   * and disabled and elderly people, who want to understand why some
>     technologies may be causing problems, and how it is possible to
>     help others understand these problems.
>

> More information and the link for signing up is available on
> the course page
> <https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/digital-accessibility>.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Gottfried
>

> PS: Feel free to pass this message on to others who might be interested.

>  Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
>
> Mobile User Interaction
>
> Stuttgart Media University, Germany

Armony ALTINIER