Re: Accessible eLearning

Hi Kristy

Welcome to the group!

Yes, AccessLearn is very much still active, and in fact this is a great time to be joining! It sounds like your activities are ideally aligned with the two work streams we propose to focus on for the near future.

That said, we haven’t been using the group’s web site and blog much to reflect this. Your email is a good reminder that I should write an update post to let people know of progress and plans.

For you, and anyone else new to the group, the best places to catch up on group activity and plans are:

1) The email archives of the public-accesslearn@w3.org email group:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-accesslearn/

2) The AccessLearn wiki, where our group’s charter (not an official W3C charter, I should emphasise), teleconference minutes, ideas and activities are recorded:
https://www.w3.org/community/accesslearn/wiki/Main_Page

Hope this helps,
Dave

> On 21 Apr 2016, at 14:30, Macintosh, Kristy (OMAFRA) <Kristy.Macintosh@ontario.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is this group still active? I might not be using the site properly but the latest post seems to be from a year ago.
>
> I have been working over the last few weeks to develop documents that outline how WCAG 2.0 Level AA guidelines actually apply to eLearning. These documents include a high level overview of the guideline (as per WCAG), a section on what it actually means to eLearning (for example, properly setting tab orders and hiding items from assistive technologies), any limitations with the tools that we use to develop eLearning (Storyline and Captivate), and some high level steps on how to do the items in both Storyline and Captivate.
>
> Is anyone else working to do something similar? Would anyone be interested in discussing this further or assisting with the review and feedback on these documents.
>
> Thanks,
> ~Kristy
> Kristy Macintosh
> Education Coordinator – Training, Education and Communications |Environmental Management Branch | Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
> 1 Stone Rd West, 3rd Floor SW, Guelph, Ontario  N1G 4Y2
> Office:  519-826-6373 | Cell: 226-821-5359 | Fax: 519-826-3259
> Email:  kristy.macintosh@ontario.ca

David Sloan

UX Research Lead
The Paciello Group
dsloan@paciellogroup.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of any portion of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at the above e-mail address, and delete this e-mail along with any attachments. Thank you.