Re: Teaching Accessibility

Hi all

TPG is involved in the Teaching Accessibility initiative, and the focus should be of great interest to members of this group.

On the one hand, major industry names are making a public statement to increased value of accessibility as a core professional skill of their current and future employees. On the other hand, academic institutions are committing to increase focus on supporting students gain knowledge and skills in digital accessibility to meet the demands of industry.

This second focus should mean more and better integration of accessibility into curricula (and hopefully not just computing science but wider digital literacy programmes), but it should also in parallel encourage greater focus on accessibility *of* online learning environments.

The announcement coinciding with the ADA 25th anniversary is just the start of things—and we’ll be happy to report back here on progress. But if anyone would like to know more about the initiative, feel free to ask questions on this thread, or directly to either Sarah or me.

Dave

David Sloan

UX Research Lead
The Paciello Group