Re: Understanding accessibility challenges for visually impaired developers

Dear Venkatesh Potluri,

This is Shankar from Chennai.  I am working with children and friends with
visual impairment on information accessibility, computer / mobile access
and also with vendors developing applications for computers, assistive
devices and apps for mobile in training and support. I also work as a
volunteering consultant with Government, National Institutes, Universities
and Schools.

It is a great initiative. Meanwhile, would also like to share with you that
it accessible through screen reader and request my friends of developers
community to complete the survey.

Few suggestions too.

Question No. 13
Since how long have you been coding?
apply to only current developers. I would be glad  Could you please include
Others for Question 13. I was able to fill up, though my coding knowledge
of more than 10 years have down due to me not involved in development any
more. More into evaluation, testing, training and support now

A question for someone who uses other IDE like Eclipse for development or
into testing because somebody could check Visual Studio without programming
knowledge too, out of interest. I understand this is for developers still
would get more valuable inputs from the other side too.

And, from the questions 15, 16, 17,18, 19, 20 I could now clearly
understand that the survey is more pertaining to Visual Studio
accessibility. I would like to request for changing the subject of the mail
for including ' in Visual Studio'. Because after submitting the answers for
all 14 using a screen reader as a non visual studio user, they could not
answer exactly for the rest of these questions.

Would be happy to assist in any opportunities for accessibility and
inclusion initiatives.

Thanks again for the initiative taken at the development front.
--
With best regards,

Shankar
Agate Infotek
Chennai
Ph: 9840097237
Email: shankar@agateinfotek.in, agateinfotek@gmail.com
www.agateinfotek.in
Noble thoughts and deeds shower happiness always!