RE: [pso-pc] <none>

In addition to Jeff's comments below, I suggest that we integrate a
slighltly edited version of the IAB statement sent previously by Jeff,
namely (the only change is substituting PSO PC for IAB):

"The PSO PC would like to note that technical issues often require specific
expertise to properly address and a standing committee would, by necessity,
not be able to bring appropriate levels of expertise to every issue that
may be referred to the committee. There is also the weakness of having a
technical committee operate under an assumption that differences of
perspective should be resolved within the committee, and that a committee
would be driven by a need to arrive at a single answer, whereas the issue
of evaluating alternate technically feasible solutions often has a
significant policy component. The concept of a standing committee exposes
these weaknesses, whereas the alternative of using a number of technically
focussed organizations and individuals on an ad hoc basis to provide
comment upon request should be considered by ICANN."

I would proposed to insert this just before the paragraph that current
starts "TAC members are representatives ..."

Best,
Richard

Richard Hill
Counsellor, ITU-T SG2