FW: Apllication to a post of ICANN Board

Dear Mr. da Silva,

Thank you very much for sending your CV.
I have a pleasure to forward your message together with your CV to the Protocol Council Members
as well as to the public e-mail exploder.

Sincerely yours,

Vladimir Androuchko
PSO-PC Secretary August 2001-August 2002

Dear Mr. Androuchko,

Following the indication of Mrs Azucena Hernandez I’m sending you in Annex my CV for my candidature to the vacancy in the ICANN Board left by the retirement of Mr. Phil Davidson.

I would also like to ask you to inform the members of the PSO Council of the following reasons for my candidature:

(i) The fact that ICANN is restructuring itself should not preclude the obligation of maintaining the actual structure, including the ICANN Board, to continue to exist and function normally according to the present bylaws. On the contrary, it is my view that the process initiated by the Board should be, namely for reasons of legitimacy, finalised by it in its plenitude. Therefore, filling the vacancies in the ICANN Board is an unavoidable responsibility of the supporting organizations on the basis of their present agreements. Thus I’m motivated to take this challenge for the remaining period whatever it is its duration.

(ii) Now, I want to highlight that, as can be partially read from my CV and also testified by those who know me, I’ve prove that I’m not a conservative when time comes for changing. In Europe I’ve participated in most significative reform of the telecom sector multilateral international organisations. For example, this was the case of ETSI, both at its creation in 1987/1988 and in its deep reform of second half of the nineties, which has opened the possibilities for the setting of activities such as 3GPP for the mobile third generation, of TIPHON and, of course, the participation in ICANN.

Hoping that my candidature will be seen as a support for the present process of ICANN reform, I remain

With best regards

Francisco da Silva

CURRICICANN.DOC