RE: Secretary for next year: Amy van der Hiel

Dear Martin,

Thank you very much for this information.
As for the customs, when ITU nominated me as the PSO Secretary this
information
was made public during the GA last year, 2 months before I took the
position.
Before the GA, this was announced during the conference call
by ITU-T Representative, Mr. F. Bigi, and the announcement was made public
by the Minutes
of June 21, 2001 Teleconference, point 6:
(http://www.pso.icann.org/PSO_Minutes/PSO-Minutes-21June2001.txt)
So, it could seem that the tradition is to make this information public.
However, if you prefer for any reason not to make this information public,
personally,
I do not see any constraints.
What will be the opinion of the Protocol Council Members?
As for adding Amy to PSO-PC email reflector, I need the agreement of the
Protocol Council
because this reflector is intended to be used only by PSO-PC Members and the
actual Secretary.
However, I will be pleased to forward to Amy the necessary information
before teleconference(s),
so, she may be aware of what's going on (with the agreement of the Protocol
Council).
Also, I had a good explanatory training by Ms. Livia Rosu, when I attended
PSO GA last year
and this was very helpful for me.
I would really suggest that Amy "participate" in at least one or two
conference call
because this is what may really help Amy to get an idea of how to handle
this issue.
I will be happy to get in touch with Amy this week.

Best regards,
Vlad