From: Louis Touton [mailto:touton@icann.org]
Sent: dimanche, 28. avril 2002 21:40
To: vladmir.androuchko@itu.int
Subject: VeriSign Request Concerning Wait-Listing Service

Vladimir,

Please circulate the appended note to the Protocol Council. Thank you.

Louis

rebates of US$7.00 or US$11.00 depending on volume) for providing a
proposed wait-listing service (WLS).  The ICANN Board discussed this
request at its meeting on 22 April 2002 and decided to consider the
request at its meeting in Bucharest, Romania, to be held 24-28 June
2002.  Although the request relates primarily to domain-name issues, the
Board believes that the Protocol Council may have helpful advice, and
therefore invited the Council to submit comments (if any) on the request
before the Bucharest meeting.  (See ICANN Board Resolution 02.54
<http://www.icann.org/minutes/prelim-report-22apr02.htm#VeriSignWLSProposal>.)

Useful background material on this request includes:

 + VeriSign material on the request:
   <http://www.verisign-grs.com/wls.html>
 + ICANN General Counsel's analysis:
   <http://www.icann.org/minutes/report-vgrs-wls-17apr02.htm>
 + VeriSign's response:
   <http://www.icann.org/minutes/response-vgrs-wls-21apr02.htm>

In the event that the Protocol Council wishes to submit advice or
comments, please send the response to my attention for circulation to
the Board and community.

Best regards,

Louis Touton
ICANN Secretary