Re: ISO application for SDO membership of the PSO - DRAFT of part of theresponse

Dear Geoff, dear PSO PC colleagues,

Thanks a lot for your draft whose words look to me somehow stronger and far
beyond our discussion yesterday. I would prefer a softer response to ISO
not precluding that the PSO is going to disappear in the process of the
reorganization of ICANN.

I would suggest something like this:

"The PSO PC welcomes your application for membership within the PSO and
would like to address the following points to you:

1.- We miss some important information in your application regarding the
fulfillment of criteria 8 (a) (ii) of the PSO MoU. We kindly ask you to
submit details about that.

2.- Considering the ongoing discussions taking place within ICANN about its
own structure and the ones of the present Supporting Organizations, the PSO
PC is in favour of postponing any decision about new membership into the
PSO until further clarification emerges from the ongoing discussions. "

I am willing to discuss any other wording but I would have problems to
accept the initial draft from Geoff.

Kind regards,
Azucena

Geoff Huston <gih@telstra.net>@pso.icann.org con fecha 10/04/2002 15:26:00

Por favor, responda a Geoff Huston <gih@telstra.net>

Enviado por:   owner-pso-pc@pso.icann.org

Destinatarios: "Androuchko, Vladimir" <vladimir.androuchko@itu.int>
CC:       "pso-pc, ITU (MLIST)" <pso-pc@ties.itu.ch>
Asunto:   Re: ISO application for SDO membership of the PSO - DRAFT of
          part of the response

Draft of response regarding application from ISO:

---
We note that within the current process for ICANN evolution and reform the
role of the Protocol Support Organization (PSO) and the associated Protocol
Support Council is under review. One potential outcome of this review, as
noted in discussion papers prepared by the ICANN President and CEO, is that
the PSO ceases to exist in its current form.

It would be premature to admit new members to this organization at this
point in time given this level of uncertainty over the future of the PSO.
Once ICANN itself has a more stable view of its intended role and
associated operating model, and if the Protocol Support Organization exists
in a format similar to today within this model, the IETF members of the PSO
would then be happy to consider this application on its merits, according
to the criteria outlined in the PSO MoU.

---

(It is also requested that the applicant address the criteris of 8(a)(ii)
of the PSO MoU)

información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario
indicado, queda notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin
autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha
recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique
inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.