Re: Secretary's functions

Howdy,

Well, we have been doing it by agreement, not by randomness.

But, it does also say that it should be a random selection
among SDOs that have not provided the secretary function in
the current rotation.

Which makes this a random choice between:  W3C and W3C...  I.e.,
we are talking about the last year in the rotation.

Leslie.

Martin Duerst wrote:

> Just a request for clarification:
>
> Point (2) (f) of the MoU says that the secretary is appointed by
> a SDO randomly selected excluding the SDO in the current rotation.
>
>  From the teleconference, my understanding was that the rotation would
> be round robin.
>
> Can somebody clarify this difference?
>
> Regards,    Martin.
>
> At 14:57 02/02/05 +0100, Androuchko, Vladimir wrote:
> >Dear Martin,
> >Following the conference call held yesterday, please find below the link to
> >the MoU signed by ICANN, IETF, ITU, W3C, ETSI.
> >http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/tsb-director/mou/mou_icann.html
> >
> >Point (2) (f) of the MoU describes the functions of the PSO-PC secretary.
> >Best regards,
> >Vlad

"An essential element of a successful journey
    is recognizing when you have arrived."
       -- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle
leslie@thinkingcat.com