Re: PSO-PC Alternative Roots Position

Dear Vlad, dear PSO PC colleagues,

On behalf of Tapio and myself, ETSI supports the text proposed by Vlad with
the following editorial changes:

- to place the IETF statement right after the "common" agreed text as it is
supported by 3 out of the 4 members of the PSO (same proposal as the one of
Philippe). The heading for that statement may read "Additional IETF statement"
- to head the text of ITU-T with the sentence "Additional ITU-T statement"
- the change the sentence about ETSI, to read:

"ETSI supports both the IETF and the ITU-T statements" .

Despite our expressed support to the ITU-T statement, we would highly
appreciate that the sentence added in a previous proposal made by Brian
"this is outside the scope of the PSO" is included by the end of the ITU-T
statement. Neither the PSO nor ETSI has any kind of scope related to
sovereignty principles but we understand and respect that, as the ITU-T has
scope for that, the remark is made. Our support is not conditioned to the
presence or not of the clarifying sentence, but we honestly consider that
the addition of the sentence will help to understand its content.

Kind regards,
Azucena

Azucena Hernandez
Telefonica