Re: FW: Marina del Rey meeting

Dear PSO PC members,

As the message from Mr Lynn indicates that a decision needs to be taken by
ICANN by the 26th September on whether or not altering the plans to have the
ICANN meeting in Marina del Rey, I have to share with you the following
information:

- as for today the Telefonica staff is NOT  authorised to travel to the USA .
- my travel to Marina del Rey was authorised before the tragedy in US but
now it is on hold (not canceled) due to the general prohibition.
- my boss has asked me to carry with the practical arrangements as if I were
going to attend but warned me that, if the situation is as unstable as it is
now or worse, I will not be authorised to travel.
- nobody has any idea of when and how the total prohibition will be removed.
- the only precedent I know refers back to the Gulf War and, because Spain
was in the middle of the movements of military planes from US and NATO going
to Irak, Telefónica did not allow any of us to take a plane either national
or international during the weeks of the war.
- I have no idea whether or not the planes will fly over Spain if a new war
starts now.

I keep my interest and my personal determination to go to Marina del Rey ,
but the decision is not in my hands.

Kind regards,
Azucena

Azucena Hernandez