Re: Alternative Roots Issue

In message <905DD86907DAD3119DE70000778D770F04E41227@mailsrv1.itu.ch>, "Androuc
hko, Vladimir" writes:
>Hello,
>Dear Protocol Council Members,
>Here is the draft text that I intend to send to Mr. L. Touton.
>Please, give me your comments.
>Best regards,
>Vladimir
>
>Dear Mr. Luis Tuton,
>As it was agreed during the last conference call of the PSO-PC,
>Members of the Protocol Council were waiting the results of ITU-T Study
>Group 2 on alternative roots issue.
>Please, find thereafter the conclusion reached at their Meeting (Geneva,
>4-14 September 2001):
>
>"Study Group 2 has noted the PSO statement and has no objections to it.
>However, Study Group 2 notes that there may be other issues in addition to
>technical reasons such as administrative and national sovereignty
>considerations."

I don't understand the second sentence.  "Other issues" in favor of
alternate roots?  Against?  It just isn't clear what is meant.

EVen so, while SG2 is welcome to issue its own statement on other
issues, the PSO is supposed to be concerned with technical issues.  We
seem to be agreed that technically, multiple roots just don't work.  We
should say that as clearly as possible.

				  http://www.wilyhacker.com