Details about the ETSI candidate for the New TLDs Task Force

Sear Steve, dear PSO PC colleagues,

I have been able to contact Mr Laorden and to get details of his CV. Here
you have them:

* Education:

- Degree in Law from the University of Deusto (Spain) in 1991
- Degree in Economics from the University of Deusto in 1991
- MBA in Telecommunication Business from the Institute of Enterprises of
Madrid (Spain) in 1992

* Professional experience:

- From 1999 to now: Director of Interdomain (Spanish Registrar . Group
Telefónica). He has the overall responsibility and has been directly
involved in the elaboration of the technical and legal documentation to get
the accreditation from ICANN, Verisign (for .com, .org. ,net and the
multilingual trials), Afilias (.info) and Neulevel (.biz). Overall
responsibility and direct involvement in the technical design of the
computer system needed for the registrar-registry communications.

- From 1993 to 1999: Project  Manager in Siemens Spain developing a fully
computerized system for technical control of the production. He also made
strategic business plans, definition of new IT systems and investment analysis.

* International positions:

- From June 2001: member of the Board of CORE (Council of Registrars)
I hope these are enough details.
Kind regards,
Azucena
At 05:28 PM 24/07/01 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.20010723210639.00d8a3f0@telefonica.es>, Azucena Hernandez wr
>ites:
>

>>Should any of you require some more details about Mr Laorden, I would be
>>delighted to provide them.
>>
>Azucena, I don't know him or know of him.  What is his technical
>background?  While the note Livia forwarded from Stuart spoke of
>assessing technical, business, and legal perspectives, given our role
>we should concentrate on finding people with technical expertise.
>
>                --Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb

Azucena Hernandez
Telefonica
Subdirección General de Desarrollo de Red
c/ Emilio Vargas, 4. E-28043-MADRID
Tel: +34 91 5846842
Fax: +34 91 5846843
GSM: +34 609 425506