Re: PSO nominees to the New TLD Evaluation Process Planning Task Force

Dear Steve, dear PSO Council colleagues,

Let me first say that it was a pleasure to meet some of you personaly in our
General Assembly.

On the issue of the nominees to the New TLD Evaluation Process Task Force, I
have three points to make:

- one ETSI member, Telefónica, the company I work for, has expressed
interest on nominating a person for this Task Force but I have not got yet
confirmation neither of the availability of anybody nor of the provision of
resources for traveling. I have given end of today as deadline for a final
decision to be taken within my own company and therefore I kindly ask the
members of the PSO Council to postpone any communication of candidates to
the ICANN Director until next Monday 16th July.

- for the sake of good order I would prefer that the communication to the
ICANN Director of the nominees from the PSO is made by the PSO Secretariat
and not directly by the IETF and I would like, as member of the Council, to
know the names and affiliation of the IETF candidates prior to the
communication to the ICANN Director.

- as for the action taken by the ICANN Director,  I can not stop Mr Stuart
Lynn contacting directly whoever he wants to contact in the IETF and I am
sure that he contacted Mr Alvestrand and Mr Klensin with the good intention
of speeding up the process. I would have prefered, anyhow, a direct contact
with the PSO Council (e.g. by participating in our General Assembly by
phone) to urge us to provide the candidates.

Kind regards,
Azucena
At 19:57 12/07/01 -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>In message <BB603AE6E737D5118C0300508BB4A8114A7F07@EMAIL6>, Livia Rosu Lunguran
> writes:
>>Dear Council Members,
>>
>>I am supposed to send to the ICANN Board, the PSO nominees to the New TLD
>>Evaluation Process Planning Task Force, by the latest "yesterday".
>>
>>Any names or advice please?
>>

>As I mentioned to some people at the meeting yesterday (was it only
>yesterday -- it seems longer ago than that, though I suppose a
>transatlantic plane flight will do that), Stuart Lynn had separately
>asked Harald Alvestrand and John Klensin to suggest some names.  The
>consensus on the PSO seemd to be that the IETF should take the lead on
>this, and it doesn't make sense for us to do the same thing twice.  So
>we'll be sending in some names, as soon as we get agreement to serve
>from the individuals in question.
>
>                --Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb

Azucena Hernandez
Telefonica