From: Schink Helmut [mailto:Helmut.Schink@icn.siemens.de]
Sent: 12 September 2000 19:54
To: 'Livia Rosu Lunguran'
Subject: RE: Candidate for ICANN BOT

Livia,

I assume, the information is required to allow to PSO to judge on my
capability to act on the ICANN Board of Directors. The most critical issues
seem to be the awareness of the responsibilities (e.g. legal and team
working aspects) at such a level.

*       I have a long term experience and close relationship with a number
of international organisations esp. in the area of standardisation acting in
board or similar controlling or supervising functions.
*       As a principal contact person for several membership organisations I
am responsible for the financial and legal aspects incl. IPRs
*       I am currently involved in the creation of an MoU on IP Telephony in
cooperation with the Directorat of the European Commision
*       I am serving on the ISOC Advisory Council as officer for standards
*       I acted as a principle advisor to the Siemens research board
*       I am an investor in a California Start-up company with significant
role on management issues
*       I am involved in voluntary work on the local governemental level

For any more in depth questions on legal aspects and IPRs I have acces to
the corporate consultancy functions. All my liabilities are covered by a
general company policy.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Best regards

Helmut
Dr. Helmut Schink
Siemens AG