From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC [mailto:paul.hoffman@vpnc.org]
Sent: lundi, 5. août 2002 17:30
To: vladimir.androuchko@itu.int
Subject: Application for consideration for PSO position on the ICANN
board

Greetings. I would like for the PSO to consider me as a candidate for
the open PSO position on the ICANN board. It is quite important that
ICANN have board members with technical and policy experience in the
area of domain names, and I was surprised that no such people applied
for the PSO position during your first call for candidates.

This position is of course somewhat short-term due to the
restructuring, but it is clear that ICANN is still making important
policy decisions that require domain name protocol expertise. My
protocol-related work with ICANN and IANA staff has helped me
understand what the board does and doesn't know about protocols and
how they affect ICANN's policy-making. I would like to help ICANN in
a much more formal capacity, even if it is only until the
restructuring has been completed.

Attached please find my CV in PDF format. Feel free to contact me
with any further questions or concerns you might have.

Paul Hoffman CV.pdf

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium