[Fwd: http://www.w3.org/TR/]

From: Vivien Lacourba <vivien@w3.org>
Date: 02 Jun 2003 17:17:33 +0200
To: png-group@w3.org
Hi PNGs,

Here are some comments about the PNG Specification.

Regards,
Vivien

--
Vivien Lacourba - W3C Webmaster MIT/LCS

attached mail follows:

Hello W3C people

I had just started reading the PNG specification and in both your current
document (REC-png) and your new proposed one (2003/PR-PNG-20030520/) there
is an error in the section describing bit depth of colours: "not the total
pixel size" should be "not the total bit size" as it has to do with the
number of bits required to specify the colour value (R, G and B) in a table
in the file rather than the displayed size of the pixel (eg dpi resolution).

There may be more errors but I haven't read it all yet! I wanted to know if
this was even remotely the correct address for reporting such things.

Susan Foord