Re: [png-list] Comments for PR-PNG-20030520

Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org> wrote:

> There is one "grayscale" (the rest are greyscale; either is fine).

Good catch.  It looks like the whole Abstract was written in American
English, unlike the rest of the document.  It contains not only that
"grayscale" that you noticed, but also "color" (twice) and "truecolor".

The rest of the document consistently uses "colour" and "truecolour"
(except in the proper name International Color Consortium), but it also
consistently uses "colorimetry" and "colorimetric".  Should those be
"colourimetry" and "colourimetric" for consistency?

> s/internet/Internet/

Furthermore, these should be made consistent:

Internet Media Type [Abstract, Annex A]
Internet Media type [Scope]
Internet media type [Table of Contents (twice), Annex A (twice)]
internet media type [Annex A]
         media type [Annex A]

> I just happened to see the reference for RFC 2070 should read:
>   Yergeau, F., Nicol, G., Adams, G., Du&uuml;rst, M.,
> (note the commas)

There are several related inconsistencies.  The normative references
tend to use Last, F. for all the authors, while the bibliography tends
to use F. Last for all except the first author, which is Last, F.

Also:

RFC-2045:  there is an extra space before the comma before the title
RFC-2048:  there is no comma before "and"
RFC-2070:  two commas and the word "and" are missing
[KASSON]:  there is an extra comma before "and"
[POYNTON]: the entire first name is spelled out
[TRAVIS]:  the entire first name is spelled out
[ZL]:      the first author is F. Last rather than Last, F.

AMC