Re: Any other test label bureaus out there?

Net Shepherd might let you connect to their label bureau for testing
purposes. Try contacting Ron Warris (ron.warris@netshepherd.com).

We have a label bureau at the University of Michigan PICS Incubator that
serves SurfWatch labels in PICS format, but it is for demonstration uses
only. Contact Ali Salomon (ali@surfwatch.com) at SurfWatch to ask
permission. If she says OK I'll send details on how to connect.

W3C has the Jigsaw label bureau which you can run (source code provided)
but you'll have to provide your labels to populate it. See
http://www.w3.org/PICS/refcode/

(When you say that you have a module for performing PICS filtering rules, I
hope that you have implemented this as an evaluator for the PICSRules
language. There is a reference implementation of such an evaluator, in
Java, available at the same URL: http://www.w3.org/PICS/refcode/ in the
"PICS Standard Library")

At 06:28 PM 7/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all -- I work for Maxum Development Corp., a company that builds MacOS
>Internet server software. We're about ready to enter beta test phase for
>our new proxy server product, which includes a module for performing PICS
>filtering. This product will be primarily targeted toward schools and
>small workgroups where Macs are still in abundance.
>
>I've tested its ability to query label bureaus against the few
>publicly-available label bureaus I can find, including:
>
><http://pics.microsys.com/ratings> -- the "CyberNOT" list
>
>and:
>
><http://www.sserv.com/cgi-bin/pics-serv> - evaluWEB's experimental server
>
>but that's about it. The CyberNOT server has stopped serving labels
>lately, and the evaluWEB server is verrrry slow, and somewhat buggy.
>
>Are there any other publicly-available label bureaus out there that can
>be used for testing?

>Chris Patterson                                       chris@maxum.com
>Maxum Development Corp.                                 www.maxum.com
>
>                  "Tao?" "Nah, I prefer to drip-dry."

Paul Resnick                  presnick@umich.edu
Associate Professor           http://www.si.umich.edu/~presnick
The University of Michigan    (fax) 734-764-2475
School of Information         (voice) 734-647-9458
314 West Hall
550 East University Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1092