Re: TWO WEEK LAST CALL: Regularizing Port Numbers for SSL.

Eric Young wrote:

> Ok, I had retrieved 'draft-ietf-tls-ssl-mods-00.txt' from
> rs.internic.net for a quick review since I did not want to scan all 66
> pages of the tls spec and try to spot the differences.  It is
> obviously a little dated..

Ah, that's the problem.  That doesn't specify the differences between
draft-ietf-tls-protocol-00.txt and the SSL spec.  It recommends further
changes in addition to those made for the current TLS.  Those changes
were gone over at the San Jose meeting, and I think we accepted all
of them, but they haven't been integrated into the spec yet.  When they
are, I'm sure the version number will be rev'ed.

The only difference between the current TLS spec and the SSL spec is
some clarifications and formatting changes in the document.  The
protocols are identical.

--
You should only break rules of style if you can    | Tom Weinstein
coherently explain what you gain by so doing.      | tomw@netscape.com