Re: Moving Forward with Regularizing Port Numbers

> From: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@consensus.com>
>
> Meanwhile, I don't want to hold back implementors with a real need now to
> interoperate with SSL 3.0 or TLS 1.0.

I still don't see why the IANA should get involved with a short term
fix that is not necessarily consistent with the long term direction.
Just issue an Internet Draft with all the port number assignments you want,
and the implementors can use it today.

I assume that the WG Chairman is following this discussion, and hope
that the Area Director is too. Whatever they decide, after considering
the issues, is fine with me.