Re: Any SSL3 DH Key Exchange servers out there?

> Anyone else want to see non-encrypted flavors get defined, like
> a SSL_DHE_DSS_WITH_NULL_SHA flavor ??  Purely for parity with the
> flavors relying on RSA certs for key exchange?

Absolutely.  For many of the applications I'm concerned with,
authentication and integrity protection are far more important
than confidentiality.

It's true that "mix and match" CipherSuites are cause for concern and
need to be carefully analyzed.  And, as Wagner&Schneier points out,
SSLRef 3.0b1 (a beta version) failed to include a check for the change
cipher suite message, which could cause a problem with
authentication-only CipherSuites but not with encrypted CipherSuites.
This was an implementation error, not a protocol specification error,
but I agree with W&S that the protocol specification should be changed
to be more resistant to implementation errors.

In any case, that particular problem affects RSA_WITH_NULL and
DSS_WITH_NULL equally, so as long as RSA_WITH NULL exists, there shouldn't
be a problem with the addition of both SSL_DHE_DSS_WITH_NULL_SHA and
SSL_KEA_WITH_NULL_SHA to the TLS specifications.