Re: draft agenda for San Jose meeting

At 09:44 AM 12/2/96 -0500, Win Treese wrote:
>Based on our recent discussions about how the group would
>like to proceed, my sense is that we want to make quick
>progress on a standards track document. In order to help
>this along, Chris Allen (<ChristopherA@consensus.com>)
>drafted the following agenda for the San Jose meeting:
>
>Monday, 9 December, 1530-1730
>
>1530-1545 Introduction and background
>1545-1615 Presentation of proposed SSL to TLS changes
>1615-1645 Discussion of proposed TLS changes
>1645-1725 Quick presentations on possible future work
>	(including shared secrets, Kerberos, IPSEC key
>	management, etc., may include others to be
>	determined)
>1725-1730 Wrapup and next steps
>
>Note: if you've sent a note about making a presentation,
>you don't need to resend it. We're working on the details
>of the quick presentation section.
>
>Comments welcome.
>
>	- Win Treese

I'm just looking for some clarification.
- Is it the intention to move SSL 3.0 into TLS 1.0 "as is", with
clarifications to the spec?
- Is the hour of presentation and discussion meant for clarifying the
ambiguities in SSL 3.0 that Chris Allen mentioned in an earlier message,
also, does this include discussion about splitting the SSL spec into
separate specification documents?
- Does this mean that all decisions regarding draft proposals (Netscape's
authority attributes, Microsoft's passphrase authentication, CyberSafe's
Kerberos cipher suites, etc.) will be postponed until the next meeting of
the IETF?

-- Matt Hur
Matt Hur                       CyberSafe
Senior Software Engineer       1605 NW Sammamish Road, Suite 310
matt.hur@cybersafe.com         Issaquah, WA 98027-5378
(206) 391-6000                 http://www.cybersafe.com