Outdated TLS charter on IETF page

I got a kick out of visiting:

  http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/tls-charter.html

which is apparently dutifully maintained by the CNRI staff. Since the
SSL 3 draft has now expired, the only listing under "Current Internet
Drafts" is SSH!

When we get agreement on a new charter and timetable, it would probably
be wise to notify the IETF so that their web pages can be kept up to
date :-).

With regard to Barb's comments on a TLS 1.0 with no new functionality,
a new I-D will have to be issued anyway since the baseline SSL 3.0 I-D
is defunct.  Whether the new draft with clarifications is called
draft-ietf-tls-ssl-01.txt or draft-ietf-tls-00.txt is not a big deal -
it'll be gone in 6 months anyway.  When we have a draft that is ready
for submission to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard,
then the name will mean something.

I agree with Christopher that we need to get an I-D with clarifications
on the table by December.  It doesn't have to be called TLS 1.0,
and in fact probably shouldn't be.  I also agree with Barb that we should
update the charter to reflect a realistic schedule for coming up with an
improved, consensus-based spec that is ready for RFC status.  I suggest
March instead of June - we'll just have to try harder than we have for
the last 6 months to come to agreement.