Re: SSL/STLP Winsock Implementation

Yonat Sharon writes:

> Is it possible to implement SSL or STLP for all winsock
> communications?

It depends on the SSL implementation.

> For example, I would like to encrypt all FTP communication
> with a specific server, without depending on the FTP client
> application used.

That means that you can't negotiate the use of SSL
in the FTP protocol.  So if the ftp server you're talking
to does not do SSL, you will not be able to communicate.
I think it's better to use the FTP options to negotiate SSL.

> So - is this possible?

Yes.

> Is there such an implementation?

Not that I'm aware of.

--
Eric Murray  ericm@lne.com  ericm@motorcycle.com  http://www.lne.com/ericm
PGP keyid:E03F65E5 fingerprint:50 B0 A2 4C 7D 86 FC 03  92 E8 AC E6 7E 27 29 AF