Re: Repost of CompuServe Position on Passphrases

> A rousing sentiment, to be sure.  Perhaps Tom would also like to propose
> expunging those "brain-damaged" EXPORT cipher suites from TLS?

Sounds like a great idea to me.

> Or can I assume that we all (or the rest of us, at least) recognize
> the regrettable need for the standard to deal with unpalatable legal
> realities?

There are many quite competant implementors who live outside the scope
of U.S. export controls.  Given that the standard can be implemented
on both sides of the U.S. export control firewall, I see no reason to
dumb down the protocol.

					- Bill