RE: proposed charter for TLS working group

Christopher,

Microsoft is fully committed to STLP.

A primary goal for Microsoft has always been the adoption of an open,
non-proprietary protocol under IETF change control.  Another goal has
been to ensure that this new protocol take into account the needs of not
just one group, but rather the needs of the of as many ISV's and users
as possible.  That is why we took SSL 3.0 as the basis for the STLP
strawman document and added PCT 2.0 deltas.  Beyond that, we have no
pre-conditions for the adoption of a protocol.

Two weeks ago I posted to this alias an invitation for all interested
parties to meet and develop a draft which could be presented to this
working group at Montreal.  I make that proposal again.  Would you be
willing to be in the San Francisco Bay Area during the week of 5/27 (
time and location can be announced this week) and resolve the issues you
and the others on this alias have raised?  This would seem to be the
fastest, most efficient way of meeting the aggressive timeline that has
been proposed.

Tom Stephens