Re: TLS 1.0 "draft-ietf-tls-protocol-01.txt" Now Available

At 6:50 AM -0800 3/7/97, Tom Libert wrote:
>I believe RC2 is still a trade secret, but RC4 was leaked to the Cypherpunks
>list in September, '94.  The algorithm is described in Chapter 17 of Bruce
>Schneier's "Applied Cryptography", 2ed.

Just because it is published in a book (or on a mailing list) does not mean
it is acceptable to use in a standards track RFC. I think the question is,
"which algorithms can we have in this draft and still move it towards
standards track?

Also, Please note Chris' statement that the TLS mailing list is moving from
"ietf-tls@w3.org" to "ietf-tls@consensus.com".

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium