Re: Non-W3C Member Organizations Trying to join W3C Digital Signature Initiative

All,

  Well after reviewing the addresses listed below.  I cannot justify the costing
or the W3C DIgital Signature initiative.  There seems to be a somewhat
lopsided benifit to that org.  Not to it's members.  I am quite supprised
it the boldness here!

Reguards,

At 04:09 PM 9/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>To members of ietf-tls@w3.org:
>
>I have recently received numerous requests from non-W3C Member organizations
>to join the W3C Digital Signature Initiative.
>
>Please note the following:
>
>a.  DSIG is _not_ open; it is closed to W3C Member organizations ONLY
>
>b.  There is, indeed, a mailing list and proposal out for votes to W3C
>Members, closing on 15 September 1996.
>
>c.  For W3C Members [or if you've recently become a W3C Member], more
>information can be found at:
>
>	Proposal:
> 	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Security/DsigProj.html
>
>	Voting Details -- accessible to W3C Members ONLY:
>	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Member
>

>If your organization is interested in becoming a Member of W3C, please review
>the information at http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Consortium/Prospectus/
>
>If you need any additional information, feel free to contact me at
>khudairi@w3.org.
>
>Regards,
>
>Sally Khudairi
>W3C Public Relations

Jeffrey A. Williams
SR.Internet Network Eng.
CEO., IEG., INC. Representing PDS. INC.
Web:  http://www.halcyon.com/sweat007/
Phone: 214-793-7445 (Direct Line)
Fax: 214-447-1900
Director of Network Eng. and Development IEG. INC.