re. Draft Charter

From: Cheryl Madson <cmadson@baynetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 96 18:41:01 EST
To: ietf-tls@w3.org
Cc: cmadson@baynetworks.com
I'll throw something on the table: why just TCP-based sessions? Why not UDP?

I'm not overly hopeful of *secure* SNMPv(whatever) coming along "soon".
I suspect many management stations have the same stack problem as our
web browser systems.

I'd like to see something in the standards space to address alternative
solutions to this issue. [Unfortunately I'm way behind in plowing
through the mountain of existing IDs, etc., so if there is anything that
does address this, I'm interested in pointers.]

- C