on the subject of meetings

From: Rodney Thayer <rodney@sabletech.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 09:22:03 -0400
To: ietf-tls@w3.org
I realize I'm three whole days behind in my mail, which means I seem to have
about 85000 messages from this list I haven't read yet.

HOWEVER, in case it hasn't been said before, I believe the concept of a
meeting not at an ietf meeting is ok.

I say this because, before each IETF, the people at headquarters send out
reminder messages for people to publish minutes of any intermediate
meetings.  I also recall other WG's where there were intermediate meetings.

If it were a SECRET meeting, or if there were no minutes published
afterwards, or if the WG chair objected to the meeting, then I'd say it
would be a bad idea.

Therefore, since Win isn't objecting, as far as I can tell, and since this
list is being used to propose a meeting, I think we are following accepted
IETF practice on this.  If someone REALLY wants to get worried you should go
ask the AD.

No, I can't make it -- wrong coast.  That's not a complaint, that's just an
artifact of my schedule.

                  Rodney Thayer           ::         rodney@sabletech.com
                  Sable Technology Corp   ::              +1 617 332 7292
                  246 Walnut St           ::         Fax: +1 617 332 7970
                  Newton MA 02160 USA     ::  http://www.shore.net/~sable
                           "Developers of communications software"