Re: XML's Role in E-Commerce and Enterprise Computing

Hi Mel,

Mel Pullen wrote:
> RE: XML's Role in E-Commerce and Enterprise ComputingThe problem with this
> approach is the missing functionality of the HTTP protocol. SWAP was
> building on the WebDAV protocol and I think WfMC has missed that point.
>
> No longer do we have a standard protocol which would allow open interaction
> between workflow servers, but a self serving set of APIs to allow the
> suppliers to retain control of the market. There is too much missing from
> the drafts; too much functionality will be proprietary extensions.

The Apache-derived Magi Project (magi.endeavors.org) is actively working
on realeasing an installable server, a Wf-XML derived implementation &
parser, a SWAP implementation that leverages our close ties to HTTP and WebDAV,
and an embeddable workflow engine--all open source.  Currently you
can download the server and the open MagiDAV implementation.

I think you'll see all the  pieces fall into place and the drafts will
evolve as people get hands on experience playing around with implementations.

Greg

--
Greg Bolcer
email: gbolcer@endtech.com