WorkList/WorkItem Interfaces

From: Richard Heim <rheim@crusher.jcals.csc.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:49:38 -0400
To: "'SWAP LIST'" <ietf-swap@w3.org>
Hello all,
	I was hoping someone could help me clear up some confusion I have
regarding these two SWAP Interfaces.
It looks to me that a Worklist may be similar to a request for a "to-do
list" or a list of workflow tasks assigned to
a particular user of the workflow system.  Does this sound correct?

	WorkItem really confuses me.  The SWAP document mentions that this
interface is a type of process instance - but one that does not have any
preprogrammed activity.  Could anyone expand on this?

thanks in advance,
richard heim

Richard Heim
Computer Sciences Corporation
Integrated Systems Division
6000 Lincoln Drive
Marlton, NJ   08053
(609) 983-4400 x4880

"Whatever joy there is in this world, all comes from wanting others to be
happy;
 and whatever suffering there is in this world, all comes from wanting
oneself to be happy".
Shantideva