Re: Working Group Last Call: Structured Fields Revision (RFC8941bis)

On 30.04.2023 07:24, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Am 29.04.2023 um 05:04 schrieb Tommy Pauly:
>> As a reminder, our WGLC is scheduled to end next week. Please send in
>> any issues, and please reply to this email with your reviews!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tommy
>
> Hi Tommy,
>
> I'm planning to review the spec (and update my implementation) over the
> course of next week (which is indeed past the LC date).
>
> Furthermore, we also need to come to a conclusion on
>
>    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/2494
>
> which (AFAIR) has some remaining points to resolve.
>
> Best regards, Julian

OK, sorry for the late review.

I've done some more work on my implementation
(https://github.com/reschke/structured-fields); it's almost ready but
I'm still figuring out how to best select the parser mode. (It now uses
the updated tests from https://github.com/httpwg/structured-field-tests).

I reviewed the spec and found a few minor issues (see
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/labels/header-structure - I
may be able to provide PRs later this week).

I'm still not happy with the move of the ABNF to an appendix; it caused
at least one editorial issue where the name of an HTTP ABNF definition
was used before being defined (there may be more).

I do not think this should progress immediately - let's do the final
steps on the Display String type
(https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/2494) and incorporate
that as well.

Best regards, Julian