Re: Ambiguity on HTTP/3 HEADERS and QUIC STREAM FIN requirement

On Fri, 17 Jun 2022, 18:31 David Schinazi, <dschinazi.ietf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since it's Friday and we're exploring crazy thoughts, instead of
> ":no-content" why not simply content-length=0?
> David

My thinking is that for an H2-to-H2, H3-to-H3 gateway (or some variant),
that  the content-length is optional and explicit declaration of chunked
T-E cannot be relied upon to guess if there's content coming. So a
pseudo-header fills the gap between ndicating an end to request after the
current flight, without having to wait for ES or FIN. Pseudo-headers are
also a property of the frame, so don't risk affecting the end-to-end
message semantic.