Re: URL, URI and the w3c

I was saying something more specific. AFAIK, an 3986-conforming URL will
generally be interpreted by browsers in the way its author intended.

I went through https://github.com/bagder/docs/blob/master/URL-interop.md
and let me revise that slightly: Any 3986-conforming URL that is plausible
for inclusion in an Internet-Draft will generally be interpreted by
browsers in the way its author intended.  I was having trouble finding
counter-examples but am prepared to believe that I'm missing something
obvious.